View Single Post
Old Oct 23rd, 2020, 20:53   #11
FBIVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicswede View Post
I've too many cars and thinning down having recently let a fair few go.

140's and 240's are of the same family but 140 prices tend to be lower than 240's!

No offence but your express is a bit of a basket case and I know from having done rust repairs on lots of 140's and 240's that as you dig into it gets worse. It is still savable but too much work for most.

Priced at £500 I would be fighting with myself not to buy it, couple of years ago I would have taken it and sat on it. At that price it would end up with some brain dead idiot smash it up around a banger track. What you paid for it excluding what it cost to collect goes to show the kind of value it has. Whatever it cost to move you tend to just have to take on the chin. It is a car that needs £10-20,000 spending on it to make it a £10,000 car at best. These are not cars you can restore and flip to get your money back let alone make a profit but who cares. When I do a car I do it because I want to with no regard to what it might sell for.

If you want to sell it I would suggest are more sensible price with a little wiggle room
I feel it’s a car for a guy that can do the work themselves rather than paying restoration rate plus vat per hour. If that’s the case it could be done bit by bit and someone will end up with a nice unusual car at the end. The fact it may cost more than you could immediately sell it for is true of many project cars.
FBIVW is offline   Reply With Quote