View Single Post
Old Dec 1st, 2019, 21:42   #9
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelle9990 View Post
I was on my way to my friend who messes around with cars alot and on the way it Got alot worse than Yesterday... the rumbling noise Got louder and it made a loud “clunk” and i could feel it too when i was engaging after stopping for a pedestrian.. we lifted the car up and could move rear right wheel abit in and out so it might be the driveshaft(might not be the right word for the part with the language barrier i have here) or maybe the wheel bearing?

Thank you 360beast👍🏻
Could also be loose wheel nuts! I think the word you're looking for is halfshaft but i knew what you meant. Could well be the wheel bearing as well, only way to find out now is start pulling bits apart until you find it.

Assuming you have a live rear axle (not the Multilink/IRS set-up), you could jack the back end up and support the car on axle stands on the axle, start the engine and either engage D or 2nd gear and gently let the clutch up then listen at the back end for the noise.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: