Thread: HHO on a V40
View Single Post
Old Sep 25th, 2008, 19:13   #3
mokins

Hi John_C

Thanks for responding. I have a quote for the fitting of this unit. I have been quoted £415 including the two oxyisolators needed to stop the engine managment just pumping more petrol into the engine to get the levels in the exhaust right again. As for exact return, well this is a lot harded to calculate because by burning the petrol more effeciently you do not use let pertol. What you do it utilise what you do use much better which in turn means you can lift on with the right foot a lot more so trying to give an exact return will depend on how heavy you are with the right boot. What IO have been told is that whilst most are advertising 40% improvments, in actual terms I would be looking at between 15 - 20% for my vehicle and the milage and my style of driving. Personally, I am happy with this.

As for the amount of gas produced. Whilst I do not know how much air my car breaths, the unit for my car will produce around 20 litres of oxy-hydrogen per hour but I could fit the next size up which produces 30 litres per hour. As for current drain. The smaller unit draws between 7 to 8 amps and the larger between 8 to 10 amps. I do not think this will cause too much problem for the battery or the alternator (but please correct me if I am wrong)

As for installing in the boot... As mine is an estate, I totally agree, its a no brainer for me... in the engine bay or not at all. I guess, if I had a saloon, it could be fitted, but personally, I would also ensure enough vent hold around the boot to stop the buildup of gas incase of a leak but I also dont like the thought of the gas running though (or under) the car in order to get into the engine in the first palce.

My post here was mainly to see if anyone had already had one of these fitted and if so, what they thought of them but secondly to get second (or third) opinions as to if its a good idea or not. If I do go ahead with this, I will be posting pictures and reviews for you all but at the moment, I havent decided either way.

Thanks
Darren
mokins is offline   Reply With Quote