View Single Post
Old Feb 20th, 2019, 06:50   #97
stephenevans99
Team TorqueVolvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadaron View Post
we decided to CAD model the anticipated 1000 car attendance. based upon 5 columns with a 2 m gap between each car (giving approx 16 m total width) with the track 20 m wide at its narrowest. Which gives 200 rows in total, and allowing 5 m gap between the row in front, that equates to a total length around 1.9 km (1.2 miles). could someone reassure us that there will not be a coming together on one of the bends, especially as we all know the turning circle of a V70 is not the best. Thanks in advance.
Cars will be run in 3 columns over a circuit of 4km...I agree, the P2 turning is legendary for all the wrong reasons lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesV70R View Post
I think it might have to be single file? Guiness have to verify they've counted correctly, so that might mean multiple "counting stations" along the mile, with cars being counted and tallied off, possibly against individual car numbers.
Counting the cars through multiple checkpoints along the circuit is essential to officially break the Guinness World Record...Marshalls armed with 'clickers' will count the vehicles as they pass certain distance markers in their columns of three. Keeping speeds down ensures safe car spacing and enables the 'clickers' to keep up accurately lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippydog View Post
Anyone have a rough idea of timings for this?As I understand it Bruntingthorpe can't be accessed until noon and all vehicles must be in by 2p.m. but what happens after that and when?After all Bruntingthorpe must also have a closing time.
Gates will be closed at 14.00 in order for the event to proceed. The Record Attempt will start at 15.30 and will involve up to 5 laps of the circuit. The Event will close at approx 16.30.

Please don't forget to keep an eye on the website for updates and news.

Registration Forms that NEED to be Downloaded and Printed can also be found on the Website:

WWW.VOLVO600.CO.UK
stephenevans99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stephenevans99 For This Useful Post: