View Single Post
Old Mar 16th, 2021, 23:20   #45
Moonlanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Harrison View Post
My understanding is that the 12 month extension to 48 months only applies if you had a PP hose failure in the first 36 months. In my case I had a failure midway through the fourth year: not covered even though I have a Volvo Extended Warranty because it is a hose. BUT the nice people at Holdcroft in Stoke said they would see what they could do and within 30 minutes had an offer from Volvo to pay 95%, leaving me with the huge bill of £15.73. Because I paid something, the part is under warranty for 12 months. I think having the Volvo Warranty helped.

I also understand that the first modified hose Volvo introduced simply changed the end that blew off (clever). Holdcroft have seen no failures with the latest version introduced Autumn 2019 (hope I remembered that date correctly).

Hope this helps.
Tony, I have to book mine into Holdcroft for its first service. Do you happen to know if they are doing courtesy cars at the moment? I'll ask anyway, but to be forewarned... Thanks.