View Single Post
Old Sep 11th, 2018, 07:30   #5
GenericVolvoDriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpu_man View Post
Ahhhhhh sir you are my golden ticket lol.

Did you notice much difference in sound? the sub does seem very strong on this.

What amp did you use and where did you locate the amp?

Do you also know the rating of the sub to then make the correct choise on the amp selection?

how did you wire the dual sub up as this is new to me?

sorry for all the questions but just trying to get every thing together ready lol.

you have any pic??

I realize I misspoke earlier, my mistake. I followed the instructions but I actually integrated a BMW "under parcel shelf" speaker system (BSW d110) my friend gave to me out of his e46 (he was selling his car and moving away):

It has a quick disconnect molex connector, making it easy to remove from the trunk when I need the space.

Did you notice much difference in sound? the sub does seem very strong on this.
It definitely provides more bass for the rear passengers. My 2013 has great front woofers, so I've adjusted the crossover LPF on the sub's amp so it works only on frequencies below 80Hz. I'm really happy with the sound improvement - it's a fun new toy for free!

What amp did you use and where did you locate the amp?
I used the BSW amp built into the enclosure. It's a compact Class-D amp that accepts speaker-level inputs. I used the power-on signal from the video, except I needed to add a capacitor between the power-on signal and ground to smooth out the PWM feeding the rear LED taillights on my 2013.

Do you also know the rating of the sub to then make the correct choise on the amp selection?
N/A for my setup

how did you wire the dual sub up as this is new to me?
N/A for my setup - seems that most subs have 4 terminals - mine only used 2 of the 4.

sorry for all the questions but just trying to get every thing together ready lol.
No worries! I'd go for it, you can't go to wrong. The guy in the video links the amp, it seems to be a pretty good solution - comes with a LOC and an AMP. It's been a fun project for me, never installed a sub system into one of my vehicles before!

I will take some pictures for you!
'88 Nissan 300ZX Turbo - Me

Last edited by GenericVolvoDriver; Sep 11th, 2018 at 07:38.
GenericVolvoDriver is offline   Reply With Quote