View Single Post
Old Nov 7th, 2018, 10:00   #3
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

TBH I doubt its FPS - it would be cheapest fix but I dont think it would actually trigger Pump control module fault.

1) check CEM obviously - fuses etc, no water ingress? possibly there is some communication missing there to/from pump module
2) check actual PEM (would be under your rear seat, unless you have it pre-recalled like our US friends, under the car, rusting away). I had an issue with PEM cabling earlier on - thats the wiring coming out from PEM going down to fuel pump. In my case - it was broken cable at the pump's end.
BUT in my case I got a lot to different warnings, like low fuel pressure, misfire at cylinders etc. So not 100% sure your case may be similar
3) worst case it may be actual fuel pump itself - those rarely go off and I would seriously doubt it would just die immediately (mine was indicating CEL for like 2 years) but its not unheard of. If thats the case, be prepared for a pricey job as you can only access it by removing fuel tank.

Whats the current state of the car - does it crank but not starting or feels like it tries to start but fails ?