View Single Post
Old Mar 14th, 2019, 09:07   #18
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

We all have vested interests? Really, not as I read it? Agreed, there's 'classic' and he's a pro, but he is quite upfront about his position. Many of us here are like me, we simply run gasified cars well.

You in turn 'bang on' about poor reliabilty. Few would argue with you that this is a problem, and almost always rooted in poor installation. It's where gassing a car got its poor rap.

The idea that ‘next weekend’ you can ‘bung-in’ a gas conversion - all for £600 - stretches the truth. There are exceptions, but most of you with experience know the reality. Doing it right takes three times longer. Else, it’s a lash-up which needs to be done again.

Which is where I came in. If a money-pit ‘bung-in’ is the plan, better not to start in the first... Gashed-in conversions don't work, or don't work for long.

But answer with facts. Are you really saying, for example, that...

a) Hong Kong's taxi drivers mandated to run the stuff - have LPG wrong?
b) Argentina, with the biggest proportions of gassed cars in the world. 15% of ALL cars there run gas, and rising. And for the last 30 years they've been doing this. Are these cars not working then? Thus should run petrol?

It seems gasification's detractors base their argument on badly executed conversions and heresay. There are far more successful users than not. Unfortunately it is true, the ‘bung-in’ merchants do the rest of us no service.

Agreed this is off at a tangent, but I'd love to give the likes of Texaco, Esso etc a proper kicking, as the Argies do!

https://blogs.platts.com/2018/07/02/...na-gas-demand/

Last edited by CNGBiFuel; Mar 14th, 2019 at 09:49.
CNGBiFuel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CNGBiFuel For This Useful Post: