View Single Post
Old Feb 23rd, 2017, 09:15   #34
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

Ah, now if you really can do all of that for less cost and no more time and this can be made to add-up, with labour, or time and trouble factored, I must agree with you. If you have the know-how, and it can be done for less and no more time or effort, remove the Necam set-up. Forget steppers, forget it all.
Only your first reply appeared to show an example of a Russian going the very opposite direction, making work, as if to suggest doing the same was a workable solution and would cost less, over fixing your Necam system. I'm not married to the Necam system, it's just that fixing it is the cheapest and easiest solution for most of us. Largely because I understand it and tell others.

I also agree with you with respect to the UK being vastly conservative about these systems. We have amongst the lowest take-up rates in the world for alternative fuels, this despite because of our taxation, the very highest deisel / petrol prices. It seems to make no sense, but however much we complain about it, we like high fuel costs, we are happy with this. We are too rich. LPG is in decline here. As for CNG users, they don't really exist except for a few large corporates.

Worst of all, the one solution that has the worst environmental impact and the most range, cost and fuelling disadvantages, but sounds good for celebs to say they have, doesn't work at all. Appalling levels of efficiency and pollution compared to LPG / CNG. Yet this lousy inefficiency and pollution gets moved away from the car, so it looks good. Yet, electricity, is on the rise. The cells in the those cars have a 5 year life at best. And who will buy new cells for a car when they'll cost more than the car is worth by then? Some, but not many.
Whereas India, Iran, Pakistan, Argentina and I understand much of Eastern Europe has been running LPG / CNG for years. Because it's cheap and it works.
Yet you are more likely to find a Tesla or a Prius here than in those countries, because we don't buy any Tesla or a Prius for the reasons their owners would like to kid us. Your car or mine has zero impact on the the envronment compared to these things because your car or mine already exists, and burns cleaner than any petrol or deisel car, and doesn't leave a pile of scrap lead/ cadmium and lithium in its wake five years from now. It'll be running five years from now too if you look to it. The true enviromental impact of a Tesla or a Prius is appalling.

Only Elon Musk is heralded as a hero for selling an £80,000 car because it makes no sense except via the "'kid-us-on, 'marketing message' " it is sold under. Meanwhile, you and I will be seen as the idiots for driving cars no 'celeb' would be seen dead in.

I also like your wing-nut solution. I will add it to the ebay listing.

Good luck.

Last edited by CNGBiFuel; Feb 23rd, 2017 at 09:58.
CNGBiFuel is offline   Reply With Quote