View Single Post
Old Nov 21st, 2013, 17:11   #11
Ninja59
Probably Akita's Toyboy..

Mollusk if you wish to add my views I have taken our styx off (all 4 today) and cleaned them thoroughly (again without any harsh cleaners) just shampoo and an additional layer of protection.

Upon cleaning the 3 original wheels I have found every inner back of the spoke to have corrosion spreading and have also found some of the front face lug nuts to be suffering with spreading corrosion.

I will now move onto the replacement wheel which in just over a year and a half has nearly as much corrosion on the inner side as the other three.

Borbet wheels for Volvo are just rubbish. If you wish to add my views to yours in aid of you then you are more than welcome.

We are doing the same again (the same route as you) been down today to the dealership with it, Tuesday they are having the four wheels off and sending Volvo UK. I hope the same result does not come again. Although for us the fuel to the fire as it were is the fact that the replacement wheel has nearly the same level of rear corrosion as the original three.

I am taking my own photos tomorrow and removing the wheels for a second time (I ran out of time today and was concerned what our dealership might say although they have agreed the fault is serious enough).

If you wish I will add my pictures to this thread I take tomorrow to help you out? (it will help on the treatment point of view showing the same manufacturer for Volvo is clearly rubbish and not the owner).

Your timing of this thread from my point of view could not be better there clearly is an underlying fault with Borbet's manufacture of wheels for Volvo.

I add to this our original wheel that got replaced after three shocking refurb attempts (something that will be offered instead of a new wheel). The corrosion of the remaining three is much worse than this and replacement of roughly the same age as this one in the picture is actually worse, about the only thing different is the replacement has yet to feature corrosion on the front face (I managed to get to near enough 30 points of corrosion on this wheel in the picture with the help of my local wheel refurber - a person with the opinion that these wheels are quote "sh*t and given a quick spray").

Last edited by Ninja59; Nov 21st, 2013 at 17:26.
Ninja59 is offline   Reply With Quote