View Single Post
Old Nov 21st, 2013, 18:18   #12
mollusk
VOC Member

Thanks, Ninja, for your comments - plainly there is a problem with Volvo/Borbet that VCUK is unwilling to acknowledge. Their favoured response seems to blame the customer and hope he goes away!
If my experience aids you feel free to use my story and posted pics as you wish.

It strikes me that VCUKs policy is more likely to work when each case is looked at in isolation and aggrieved customers have no knowledge of the magnitude of the problem.

Perhaps we should look at more of a "class action" type response. Use the power of this forum, collect as many case details as we can - names, wheel types, dealer, VCUK response, document it all. Submit a wheel to independent examination to ascertain the real cause. Submit a structured case to Volvo backed up with irrefutable evidence of a number of similar customer experiences. The more the merrier. If this forum does anything, it brings together a large number of owners.

To be realistic we should limit case studies to cars no more than four years old - any older increases the potential for a "ill treated in service" response.

I would like to hear other forum members views and suggestions, and meanwhile anyone with similar experiences feel free to contribute to this thread, preferably with pics.

I know it's only wheels, but damn'it, VCUKs arrogance has got me fired up!

Mollusk.

Oh! and a solicitors letter, using the Feedom of Information Act, requesting the number of reported cases of wheel corrosion on cars up to three years old might not go amiss.
(VCUK would deny, claiming commercial confidentiality no doubt - but it might just make then think). Shame you can't make FOI requests to commercial companies like VCUK!

Last edited by mollusk; Nov 21st, 2013 at 19:04.
mollusk is offline   Reply With Quote