View Single Post
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 11:55   #15
S40 T4

My T4 will not let me put cruise on under 35, and pressing either the brake or clutch will turn it off.

Personally i dont think it should be used in built up areas, as you do not have as much control over the car. You cannot argue that fact that you you have more control over the car with it turned off.

But each to their own. - as long as you dont ram into the back of me, like the silly woman looking at her child last week!

I use mine, when driving at night on motorways, most of the rest of the time I find it pointless as our roads are to busy and find myself constantly turning it off and on again.

In refrence to a previous post about being able to brake quicker, that is ture I suppose (although very fractional), but did you also consider that, although you hit the brake pedal sooner, you are on the gas until you brake, where as driving without it, you would start to slow down when you lifted off the gas, not when you hit the brakes. I would think they pretty much cancel each other out, as for both its only miliseconds.