View Single Post
Old Mar 14th, 2018, 14:12   #118
Army
marches on his stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by norustplease View Post
They do fit very well, and as you say, they are the right width. they are popular in Morris 1000's, probably for the same reasons.
I fitted them by dismantling the original seats and runners and then bolting a 5mm steel plate across between the mountings. The Ka seats have to be slightly modified by grinding off the mounting rivets on the short legs and removing them. You can then bolt them onto the plate via their runners, using packing pieces to get the right height, etc.
There are no mods needed to the original cantilever brackets off the cross member and transmission tunnel, and you can return it to original spec with a couple of spanners.
The Ka seats are quite comfortable and supportive.
I did have a thread on another classic car forum, but Photobucket decided to suspend free hosting and we all lost our images in the various parts of the forum. I will try and find my original images and post them.
I have heard that the pictures still exist on your account but they are just blocked to the outside world if you donīt pay them dosh.

Whilst I am interested in seeing the effect, please donīt bust a gut - pictures are often a pain...
1992 Mercedes 190E The car that works!
Army is offline   Reply With Quote