View Single Post
Old May 9th, 2018, 12:36   #14
AndyJudge
Premier Member

How about stopping the safety lobbies from constantly bleating about the evil road users in cars trucks etc..

How about safety lobbies getting the wits amongst us to take responsibility for their own stupidity.

Cycling along with earphones (2 of) is just asking for trouble, note I said 2 because maybe with just 1 in it's for intercom or hands free mobile use.

Cycling along whilst making a handheld phone call, I see this all the time why are they different to motorists ?

Blindly crossing the road whilst wearing headphones
Blindly crossing the road whilst looking at phone
Blindly crossing the road in an unsafe place
Ignoring pedestrian lights designed to make crossing safe

All of which are common examples, nothing ever directed at the cyclist/pedestrian always the motorist that targeted.

Some examples I've seen recently

Driver in an Audi Q5 wearing full Can headphones - WTF do Audi's not have entertainment. Completely oblivious to the Ambulance with Blues & Twos on behind him.

Cyclist all in black with no lights riding through a red traffic light at a set of roadworks.

Cyclist with no lights riding up the wrong side of the road whilst on the phone.

Pedestrian with earphones in looking at the phone ignoring the flashing crossing lights at Kingston Park Metro & walking in front of a train.
Previous 2001 C70 T5 GT Auto Convertible - Saffron
Previous 1999 S40 XS - Silver
AndyJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AndyJudge For This Useful Post: