View Single Post
Old Dec 7th, 2018, 13:56   #1
Rippers

Angry £2,600 for replacement IHU - new XC60

Using my iPad as a subsiduary navigation device the other night, I had it on charge and resting on the centre console. Emergency breaking for a deer emerging from the adjacent golf course across the road the iPad smashed into the centre console screen (IHU - Infotainment Head Unit) and Volvo in Slough have quoted me £2,600 to replace it. Wow. The unit alone is £1,910 plus VAT.

This is roughly 6.5% of the purchase price of the car.

Has anyone else had to replace one of these? Is this possibly the highest cost on the planet for a small touch screen?

It's a shame that Volvo so hugely overprice an item that is obviously liable to have issues due to it's location and maybe would benefit from better screen resilience. On another note the whole car system has a habit of re-booting itself and occassionally the SATNAV places the car just outside Gothenburg, which isn't in Berkshire as far as I know.

Any ideas greatly appreciated?

Great car otherwise - can't fault it apart from the SATNAV which is clumsy. Why do car manufacturers use such poor systems - Google maps is great on an iPhone / iPad.
Rippers is offline   Reply With Quote