View Single Post
Old Jan 29th, 2019, 21:24   #9
St Evelyn
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisKnottIns View Post
Last year you paid £370. This year we've invited at £355.
I think you'll find that the £370 I paid last year was when I owned my 520D; I changed car in April and got a refund due to the Volvo being a cheaper vehicle to insure - that's why your renewal letter shows that my annualised premium for last year was £325.13 including £25 for legal cover (despite being told that this was standard cover that couldn't be removed), versus my quote for £355 this year...apologies then, it was a £29.87 hike this year on a quote-for-quote basis, not the £60 I suggested. Ironic really that I overstated my like-for-like variance by £30.13 yet, when trying to prove me wrong, you've understated it by £44.87 - perhaps in future you should ensure you've got all the facts before trying to call out a customer who has provided you with many years of loyal business...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisKnottIns View Post
If you've found an alternative quote we can potentially use that with insurers to secure a further reduction and keep you.
An interesting point this, and a tactic that you've used previously to retain my custom when your prices were higher than the rest of the market. The last time that this happened I was informed that all Ts&Cs would have to be mirrored, meaning that my excess was increased - not an issue as I never claimed. Be interesting to see if that rule still applies as I'd love to see you match the improved Ts&Cs that I've been offered - I take it that this mirroring rule is two-way and not just to the benefit of the underwriter...?

Current - 2017 V90 D4 Inscription
Previous - 2011 S80 D3
St Evelyn is offline   Reply With Quote