View Single Post
Old Apr 19th, 2019, 20:42   #7
AmazonViking

Wow, thanks guys.

Did a web search on VPD and there seems to be quite a few people upset in some way. My experience is only due to slow replies but it seems like several people which have sent their own stuff for re-build has been screwed - if we should belive everything up on the web...

Kind of sad in one way since he seems to have done some good discoveries on carbs and combinations of other tricks.

With respect to engine swap, locally it's a pain in the A to get the car approved with some exotics in there. That is also not the idea for me, I would be fine with some B20 or a 2.3 with a moderate tune with carbs etc - it's not going to be a car for racing. I want a modern feel to the car with some powerful acceleration, other than that doing more than 100Km/h is not something I would do on regular basis.

Local rules is that Volvo has approved a maximum of 150Hp in the car and this is with standard disc brakes in the front and rear axle break amp. The weight on the front axle must not be over a specified weight (don't remember) but it means you could easily drop a B20 in there. The same applies if you stroke the engine or overbore the cylinders as long as you are under 150Hp.

Other motors like B19,23,230 could be dropped in as long as the 150Hp and 20kpm torque is not passed and the front axle load is broken.

If you want more than 150Hp you are in for a ride with the local "sherif" which would never be a dance I would do. I don't want to rape the car and make some form of VōX thing which is looking like a Amazon Wagon shell with the rest torn out.

I guess I should start locally and ask, then search in Sweden. Feel free to PM me #ClassicSwede if you want.

Thanks.

Last edited by AmazonViking; Apr 19th, 2019 at 20:45. Reason: Bad English
AmazonViking is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AmazonViking For This Useful Post: