View Single Post
Old Aug 30th, 2019, 01:36   #318
marcher49

Default Warning. Take care if you update Windows 7!

To Cheshire5,

I own an old Vida Dice 2011A with the 4 coloured LEDs. It used to work on my laptop with 2GB RAM, Win 7 Ultimate and IE9. Stupidly (encouraged by Microsoft) I updated Win 7 not realising that this installed IE11. Needless to say Vida no longer worked with IE11. Tried to install IE8/9 but Microsoft wouldn't allow this.
(In hindsight I should have just uninstalled IE11 which then reverts to IE9 but there was no trace of IE9 on my system).
So my next move was to install XPMode and use WinXP with IE8 as others had success with this. This required a memory upgrade to 4GB to give 2GB for Win 7 and 2GB for XP.
After trying for several frustrating days to install Vida on the virtual machine I gave up and then discovered that I could just uninstall IE11. By this time I had uninstalled my original Vida installation. (Why does it take over an hour to find out Vida hadn't installed!).
To my suprise I was now able to re-install Vida 2011A on Win 7 but could not activate it running the 'patch'. I believe some patches may be date limited.
What are my options now?
Will Vida 2014D work with my Dice and can I buy the software only?
Does the Dice firmware need updating to work with Vida 2014D?
Is a working patch available for 2011A?
If none of these are possible then I am prepared to sell it to anyone who thinks they can make use of it.
marcher49 is offline   Reply With Quote