View Single Post
Old Aug 9th, 2015, 20:59   #92
Gaz Yorkshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSv40 View Post
That's the kit you need, it has all the parts for both ends of the gear linkage rod - gearbox end and gear lever end - although it is usually the front end by the gear box that fails.

I've not come across your symptoms as usually it becomes difficult to select either first or fifth or both. It is a know fault so £10 and 30mins invested has got to be good and if it does not fix the problem completely at least you can rule out linkage. Hopefully it will solve the issue.
First is so difficult that I have to lift the reverse collar for it to go in, and the lever doesn't have enough travel to allow me to select reverse, so I'm assuming the bushes are at fault, as I read earlier in the guide that someone else also had to lift the collar to find 1st.
It's only got as bad as this in the last 24 hours, before that it was hard to select 1st and 2nd, and sometimes when selecting reverse the car actually went into 1st.
Also there's always been loads of movement at the lever when in gear - so much so you'd think it was in neutral.
I'll get the kit ordered up and let you know how I get on.

Last edited by Gaz Yorkshire; Aug 9th, 2015 at 21:07. Reason: More info added.
Gaz Yorkshire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gaz Yorkshire For This Useful Post: