View Single Post
Old Nov 25th, 2020, 12:08   #11
ITSv40
VOC Member

I had been with Direct Line for 17 years with my previous Volvo V40 and paying around £350 pa. I then bought the current V40 and wanted to insure both cars for 1 month as I wanted to check over the new car whilst keeping the old one legal until the mot ran out.

Rang Direct Line to put the new car on the policy and no problem at all - an additional £28 - so all good. However, during the conversation a renewal premium of £700 was mentioned when the policy expired at the end of the month. I didn't query it as I thought they had misunderstood and assumed I wanted to keep both cars insured at renewal.

Renewal came and yes, premium £700. Phone call to explain I no longer had the old car and it was just the newer car I wanted to insure. Yes sir, that is correct, one car, premium £700. Both cars were 2.0lt petrol and same spec the only difference being the newer car was 5 years younger than the old one. No claims identical but they would not budge on the premium.

I then did a comparison - the first time in 17 years - and got it insured for just over £200. They lost a very satisfied loyal customer.
ITSv40 is online now   Reply With Quote