View Single Post
Old Feb 15th, 2006, 18:26   #13
iainf1

While waiting for the MoT to be finished yesterday at an independent garage, I was handed a flyer about re-manufactured ETM units, as I had earlier discussed the symptoms with one of the mechanic. My car has been converted to dual fuel and is much more sensitive to fuel problems while running on LPG.

I called the company, who quoted £250 plus courier plus VAT and said the car would be off the road for three days. I then started doing some research on the internet and came across this site, and realised this was not the 'isolated' problem the dealer I had bought the car from had alluded to.

After collecting the car I called Watchdog and left a message and then called Volvo, and also left a message. I didn't realise Watchdog were running the piece and did not see it. However, Volvo called back late this afternoon, said they had been 'inundated' with calls today and that I would get a free software upgrade.

Time will tell whether that solves the probnlem, but at least they have now been forced to concede there is a problem. I was very close to ordering a re-manufactured unit, and am glad I came across this site.