Thread: Steering: - Alignment Not Quite Right
View Single Post
Old Mar 16th, 2024, 22:24   #2
Carlosos

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC90KidNI View Post
Hi All,

I've recently had my control arms (genuine Volvo parts), lower ball joints and two front tyres (Pirelli Scorpions - same as on rear) replaced. After having the tyres fitted, I had the car aligned (4 wheel alignment on a Corghi Machine at a reputable Tyre Centre). Since having that work completed, I've not been 100% satisfied with how the car is driving.

Initially, the steering wheel sat off to th right hand side and the car would drift to the left. After having the alignment completed, the wheel sits a little to the left whilst the car is going straight and has a tendency to go left when I let go of the steering wheel.

There's no noticeable clunks or abnormal noises from the suspension. I've had the alignment 'checked' at two separate tyre centres and they both indicated that the alignment was seemingly OK (also on Corghi machines).

I figured I was doing the right thing (genuine Volvo parts and quality/ branded tyres) but I'm a little at a loss thus far. I don't really want to drive the car as not to pull the tyres off it.

Anyone have an opinion on where I go from here?

Cheers
Maybe swap the tyres over side to side see if the tyres are doing it?
Carlosos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Carlosos For This Useful Post: