Thread: DIY towbar V60
View Single Post
Old Jan 7th, 2019, 19:58   #8
1monkey600

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandersc View Post
Hi

I am fitting a towbar on my Volvo and are really struggling withe getting the orange wire into the fusebox. Any suggestions?

Thank you Sanders
Not the 'correct' method, where you somehow have to 'split/slide' the fusebox, but a very easy and quick alternative method that I use nowadays:

If you look into the socket where the orange wire is meant to go there is a small 'ledge'. You just need to make something a few inches long, flat, about the width of the socket and as thick, or just over the thickness of the ledge, to compress the 'tag' on the end connector.
You could probably, just as easily, file down a lollipop stick or plastic 'sprig' to the right size but I tend to use a 3" nail or piece of fencing wire that I hammer flat (to same thickness as ledge) at one end, file the end to square and simply hold this in the top part of the socket, sitting it on the ledge, while simultaneously pushing the connector, alongside it, and fully home into the bottom of the socket.
If you are using the nail or wire ensure the battery is dis connected, just in case.
1monkey600 is offline   Reply With Quote