Thread: carb dilema
View Single Post
Old Aug 9th, 2018, 14:44   #6
Derek UK
VOC Member

It looks like you have one of each of the 2 types of float chamber lid mentioned in the second of the MGAGURU article, note the height of the posts for the pivot pins. Both should work if adjusted correctly I guess but it would be best to have them both the same. Fifty/fifty guess that the one with the taller posts is the later one. I think Burlens should have matched them when they did the rebuild. Rebuilds are expensive but they should correct and update as part of that IMO.
Oddly, one has a tickler and the other one doesn't. The blank one is listed as a type T8 (your burnt one) but the others, depending on diameter are T1, T2 and T4.

I can take your picture with me to Beaulieu on 1/2 September and show them. The have a big stand with technical staff there. But. I think you should send the pic to them and ask for an explanation. Include your rebuild invoice number. I expect you have been to their contact page and found that you can't send pics (you mentioned it) but if you can find someone locally with a Fax machine you might be able to send it that way.
If I can help, email me off list.
Derek UK is offline   Reply With Quote