Thread: General: 70: - Advice on XC90 purchase - please help
View Single Post
Old Aug 15th, 2018, 16:47   #3
XC90Mk1
Premier Member

I have a 2012 xc90 that I paid a reasonable amount more than that for and honestly I would be slightly concerned and go into it with your eyes open.

I have the se lux with electric seats and it’s the comfiest car I have ever had, I have also been surprised at how inexpensive service parts are even from Volvo however that does mean that you have to be prepared to work on them yourself to save the money. They are not as complicated as some think and a decent independent would be able to help for his fee.

None the less whilst a lot of the early faults were ‘fixed’ this does not mean they don’t go wrong, just that they go wrong at normal intervals and there is a lot more than a standard car. The 4x4 for example has an active on demand pump AOC, a module DEM, pressure and temperature sensors and a multi plate clutch drive system most of which is 200 plus to fix per item and rises very quickly in case st if serious.

If it were me I would buy one with the knowledge that I was going to undertake the work myself(gear box oil change), servicing etc etc and add a bit aside cash wise to cover any bills or I would accept that the costs could be higher and maybe put 100 a month a side for any big bills which would likly cover you for most things.

If you have a bad back you will probably find it so much better than pretty much all other care.

Good luck, just go with your eyes open as you can’t actually tell if the car you purchase is about to have failed injectors or an AOC pump failure.
XC90Mk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to XC90Mk1 For This Useful Post: