View Single Post
Old Aug 17th, 2017, 23:17   #8
Jcbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avallon View Post
Hi, quick intro as I'm new to this forum:

I've just ordered a S90 D4 Momentum in Denim Blue, Blond Interior and Front Park Assist. Should get it next month (lease order already in the pipeline).

Whilst waiting, I'm just wondering whether anyone can confirm whether PA2 automatically adheres to speed limits?

Thanks,
Av
I am sure you will love the car when you get it

As far as I am aware PA2 does not automatically adhere to speed limits. at least I have not played around and found a way to set it thus. To be honest, I am not sure I would want it to either, as I do get a few false limits, where it reads a side-road sign and incorrectly believes it applies to me. it does not happen all the time, but on occasion it does. I am not sure I would want it slamming on the brakes if it thought I should be doing 30 in a 50 The system "binging" away to let me know I am going faster than the speed it thinks I should be doing I can put up with though.

Would suggest a good look through the manual might be in order: You can download them here http://support.volvocars.com/uk/cars/Pages/manuals.aspx, or onto a smart phone using the "Volvo Manual" app in the Google Play store or Apple App Store.

There are a couple of ways of setting the limit: Speed Limiter and Automatic Speed Limiter. Both are described in the manual. ASL will, within limits, adapt to the posted limits, but (as far as I am aware) ASL and PA2 are different options which cannot be engaged at the same time.

I have started using the SL when in town, especially London in the 20MPH zones.