View Single Post
Old Sep 24th, 2016, 10:24   #22
Essexboydave

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerPLoD View Post
Don't I know it! Considering the abuse mine had, the mileage and the age (and the lack of ANY service history whatsoever), it's done pretty well mechanically in the year I've had it. Few problems recently with fuse no. 6 blowing a lot (think it's the in-tank fuel pump causing it), but other than that, not bad. Insurance is the same as my 1 litre Vauxhall Corsa as well, which isn't bad considering I'm 21 years old.

We'll ignore the fact that I've spent thousands on bodywork repairs...

Shame to hear yours is no longer with us. It's why I bought mine. The other buyer was going to banger race it, so I rescued it. I figured after the life it's had, some TLC wouldn't go amiss.

There is actually a silver 1991 740 for sale where I work. 120,000 miles. Saloon. 2 litre petrol (might have the same B200F as mine actually). Immaculate interior. Needs a few bits and bobs done - 4 tyres, new battery, missing a filler cap and a hub cap, and it's been sat there for 4 years. Full service history and 1 owner prior to that. Trouble is my pirate of an employer wants about a grand for it.
That's way out of my price range now mate as I've bought a Jeep to play around with, cheers for the info though Your No6 fuse issue might be down to a blocked fuel filter which you should find under the car about half way between the tank and the engine, they do need changing regularly and be aware they only fit one way round!
Essexboydave is offline   Reply With Quote