View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2018, 21:10   #6
ITSv40
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASt85 View Post
Thank you so much for the info - I have to say that whilst the quality of the original leather isn't in question - it has little or no wear, finding a suitable refurbishing oil/wax/colourant etc. could be a nightmare.

The pale grey of mine looks wonderful, no cuts, wear, stitches fraying etc. but trying to make it pliable/flexible/soft is a completely different matter. A couple of upholsters have looked at the seats and door cards and have basically said, all you need to do with it is give it some TLC with baby oil!
I personally wouldn't use baby oil, not unless you like the sensation of sliding about on a slippery surface in a tart's boudoir.

I use Dr leather conditioning wipes on both the Volvo's and find they provide just the right amount of cleaning and conditioning without leaving a sticky mess.

I use Connolly Hide food on the Silver Cloud upholstery, but of course that is a different finish to modern leather and that is still supple after 53 years. Autoglym make a similar leather conditioner to Connolly, but I find that leaves a sticky mess, even though applied sparingly on the Volvo leather as it is treated - as all modern car leather is-and the conditioner cannot permeate the original surface.
ITSv40 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ITSv40 For This Useful Post: