View Single Post
Old Feb 4th, 2018, 20:00   #1290
PaddleB

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingerV90 View Post
I've got a 2016 V90 with 20" wheels and Pirelli P Zero with PNCS. The sound quality in the car was great, that was until the Sound deadening foam inside the front tyre decided to part company with the outside wall of the tyre. The resulting vibration made the car undriveable at over 50mph. My Volvo dealer removed the offending material and rebalanced the wheels. Wasn't much different noise wise, until the second tyre failed and the dealer removed all the sound deadening material from both front tyres. The sound difference is quite bad on all but smooth surfaced roads. Volvo UK's response was far from acceptable as the said they didn't make the tyres and I should take it up with Pirelli. However my dealer had already been in contact with Pirelli and they suggested I should buy two new tyres and send the old one's back to them, if it was a manufacturing fault they would reimburse me for the tread left on the tyres.

Neither Volvo's "Not our problem" attitude or Pirelli's response are acceptable and I have escalated my grievance and await relies from both parties.

Just wondered if many others had encountered this problem with these tyres.

Regards

Graham
Graham,
I have exactly the same issue on my V90 and Pirelli tyres. Did you make any progress?
PaddleB is offline   Reply With Quote