View Single Post
Old Aug 19th, 2018, 17:38   #20
don kalmar union
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deman77 View Post
Allegedly, not apparently. The top gear article is an uninformed plug, dealers have a history of making things up when it comes to polestar. So far I see nothing solid indicating more rear wheel bias.

Volvo habitually make things up about stuff offered under the P* name .... don't blame it on the poor bloody dealers.

Just a few years ago P* was a shabby PR fuelled construct when privately owned and a contractor to Volvo who only bought it and subsumed it as an associated brand to avoid some pretty devious dealings between a Volvo director and the previous owner coming to light.

The owner of a long established Swedish motorsport contractor of impeccable repute enquired of me in conversation at that time whether I was of an age to remember the custodial sentence passed on one John Davenport for fraud when he was, in the late '70's, the executive in charge of British Leyland's motorsport activities. That, in order to put in context for me the shabby goings on that required Volvo to buy the P* brand and concurrently part company with said director........... they got away with that coming more generally to light..... unlike BL that made no bones about going for their corrupt senior employee, albeit many years ago and in maybe a more litigeous country.

Don.

MTE performance software , TME and Ferrita stainless exhausts, AP heavy duty clutch kits, KU single mass flywheels and LSDs. 01494 785508. email don@kalmar-union.com

www.kalmar-union.com
don kalmar union is offline   Reply With Quote