View Single Post
Old Nov 19th, 2018, 10:15   #5
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankfront View Post
Thanks for suggestions so far. We changed the whole fuel pump unit on both occasions. As far as I am aware the swirl collector pot and so on are an integral part of the whole thing - it has a float arm with a ball on the side and a braided umbilicus that passed through to the other side of the tank for attachment to the other sender and to dip into the other side of the tank.
The uptake sieve on that side seems to need to be clipped to the bottom on the sender unit so - presumably - it pushes down onto he bottom of the tank on the other side from the pump. Perhaps - as suggest - if that is floating around - and surfacing - more likely when tank half full - then air could get sucked in from that side of the tank and cause the problems described.
I wonder if anyone has actually experienced the same symptoms as me - and even better found the remedy...
Thanks again for replies so far.
Frank
I see , did you use a new part each time ? perhaps the pick up on the left side is floating around instead of being clipped in , that would allow the right side to run out of fuel whilst the gauge is still showing about 1/4 full from the left side sender being full . don't overlook the rubber flap valve in the bottom of the swirl pot being stuck open , that would allow the swirl pot to drain and you would have no reserve for cornering or going up hills .