View Single Post
Old Nov 19th, 2018, 21:46   #7
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankfront View Post
Yes, brand new Bosch each time.
Problem is much worse going down hill and on level and with tank half empty rather than full. Doesn't do it on the level when tank full and much less so going down hill.
My money is on the left side inlet having come un-clipped from the spring-loaded bit on the bottom of the L/H sender module.
It this is detached is it conceivable that it could surface and suck air? If so do you think that would that cause air to enter the pump during high demand even though the main pump inlet is still well submerged in petrol?
Thanks,
Frank.
No the left side always is moved to the right , when the left is empty it is ok , it works on pressure that side not vacuum … so if the left side pick up is floating near the top it will stay near full on the left but the right side will go down and run out with the gauge showing about 1/4 as the float is still registering the left side has plenty . If the left pick up is secure then there must be some kind of internal leak on the fuel pipes near the pump I would think . If you have not dismantled the pump assembly it is unlikely that two different units would have the same problem of course ..