Thread: My XC40
View Single Post
Old Sep 6th, 2018, 21:28   #13
Quacker
Premier Member

Cancelling route guidance on these models requires "Cancel Itinerary". Why not "Cancel Route"? Lord knows.

Heating adjustment just requires "Temperature 20" or "I'm cold/hot" whichever you require. This changes set heat on both sides and if the passenger wants a different temperature they can use the screen without altering that set by the driver. Fastest way to alter on the screen is to tap the big plus or minus.
Set a 'Home' position in navigation and then "Take me Home" navigates you back home from wherever you are. "Navigate to [postcode and/or town and street" gets you there. You may have to choose a number from a list that pops up on the dash.

Once you learn to use voice and the steering wheel buttons, there really is no need to look at the Sensus screen much at all and I often switch it off. If you have the 12" driver's display, even the map appears in the centre of it and if you have head-up display, even better, the turns come up on the windscreen.