View Single Post
Old Nov 7th, 2020, 08:06   #1
clarkey1984
Premier Member

Default Switched ignition love feed from fuse box?

Hi all, after an unfortunate incident a few days ago, I inadvertantly managed to blow the lighting circuit for the three little bulbs on the back of the headlight switch, I'd piggybacked off one of the bulbs to feed the led in the boost gauge by soldering onto the back of one of these bulbs, but I stupidly reffited the bulb into the holder with a screwdriver while the engine was running, which obviously shorted out on my soldering, that panel is now dead, everything else still works in terms of functions, just no lighting circuit.

I have since bought some prewired 12v blue LEDs which I plan on placing where the original twist bulbs went with a glue gun, the boost gauge I have now got is a better quality one which doesn't have a blinding light with the output of a thousand suns, it just has a hole for a bulb of some sort, which I don't have, so I'll use one of these LEDs on that too, then just link them all up and find a power source, as they're pre wired anyway, I just need a switched ignition live to do so, anyone know where I might be able to spur off? I'm not worried about current draw as 5mm LEDs use practically nothing, anyone know?

Many thanks in advance