View Single Post
Old Aug 13th, 2019, 14:11   #2
Triple-S
How Old?

The problem must lie with the manufacturers, or at least progress. I seem to recall first eating then drinking was banned whilst on the move - yet car makers built-in cup holders! I realise nibbling at a chockie bar isn't particularly dangerous but tossing ones head back to get the last dregs from your tin of fizz could well be. Nobody mentions that though.
Similarly re-programming ones satnav seriously diverts ones attention to what might be happening outside, but firms employing door-to-door delivery drivers for parcels or food set such mammoth daily schedules for their poor drivers they simply have to multi-task otherwise they'd be out of a job.
So with any sort of mobile phone - we managed before they were invented so why do we HAVE to use them whilst on the move now? As I heard on the news this morning, just pull over/divert off the motorway and ring your caller back - simple.
However, that doesn't answer your query: it all seems to boil down to us having to accept yet another case of the UK being a country of exceptions. You can't do whatever EXCEPT if..... The only winners are the legal boys who get paid whether the courts agree or otherwise when you are trying to argue your case out in court.
An interesting scenario: I'd be interested to hear what others might add to this.

P
Triple-S is offline   Reply With Quote