View Single Post
Old Jan 16th, 2015, 17:31   #24
kevinfourlegs

I am registered disabled. I have osteoarthritis in my knees, hips, spine, shoulders and neck. My hands and now my feet suffer in the cold and damp. Also in my spine I have ankylosing spondylitis and prolapsed discs. To get around I use my double elbow crutches. I also have a scooter that comes apart which is easy to transport. My doctor said in March 2008 that my arthritis is chronic and progressive. I have had the crutches since October 2008.

I have a blue badge, a bus pass for myself and one for my scooter. I had an eighteen month fight for DLA. It took back up from my doctor, occupational therapist, social worker and my partner who is also my carer before I got awarded full mobility allowance.

I have always worked and paid my tax and stamp, but when I went to get help, I had to fight for it.

If there is one thing I hate, it is the misuse of disabled spaces, whether it be someone fraudulently using a blue badge or someone able bodied just parking in a disabled space as they are too idle to walk a short distance.

I used to run, cycle, spar, pump iron and swim, so you could say I was fit and healthy. I am now over weight as I have poor mobility. If I could lose a stone or three, I would be happy. I don't drink or smoke and my heart, cholesterol level and blood pressure are ok, so I guess that's something.

Am I disabled by choice? No. Do I need a disabled bay by choice? No. Do I want sympathy? No. Just a smidge of consideration will suffice.

I will finish here, as I don't want to prattle on and on.
kevinfourlegs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kevinfourlegs For This Useful Post: