Thread: XC40 Discounts
View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2019, 09:25   #13
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylora View Post
Please don't take this as personal criticism but for me, and I expect many people, negotiating a price is a horrible experience, it's the whole haggling thing. Some folks love the bartering and some hate it. It's one of the reasons I went to leasing.

I guess Carwow is used as a reference model, so you know what's possible and what's not in the smoke and mirrors of car buying. For those of us that are uncomfortable with the whole haggling thing then it's so easy to get a price from there, then go local and see what they can offer so you know if you're getting a decent deal or not. It takes away the whole uncomfortable aspect of buying for some. Likewise, I'd use webuyanycar.com to know what my car is worth at trade value (if I had a trade-in).

I mean take a V90 as an example, I go into a dealers and he'll quote me £40k for an entry level V90. He might hint at a discount of a couple of grand off depending on targets/mood/Volvo/stock levels. etc. Or I go to Car Wow, get a price in a few minutes of £35k, then go local and say I'll have one of these or as close as you can get to this price.

I did a negotiation skills course recently at work, Carwow arms you with what's known as a BATNA - best alternative to a non-negotiated agreement. So you have a reference point to know when to walk away.

Did the same with my lease, got a price online and asked the local dealer to bid but he couldn't get anywhere near, even though the lease was through Volvo/Santander. I'd have thought the pricing would have been standardised across all dealers but seems not.
Hi

I totally get all of the above, and wasn't criticising the desire to get a good deal in the slightest.

The point I was more making, is that if there are dealers out there (us included) who are offering you a good discount "off the bat" without having to negotiate at all with us then why not give us the business? Often we can do all the paperwork by email including finance documents, etc, and deliver the vehicle to your front door. We even have product trained drivers who give a full handover, exactly like you'd get at the dealership, so the experience (other than not going to the showroom) is exactly the same....

Kind Regards

Marc

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote