View Single Post
Old Nov 23rd, 2019, 12:59   #10
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian21401 View Post
Thanks Bob. I had never heard of that stuff but having now googled it and watched a couple of demos. on YouTube it appears to be rather useful.

Whilst we are considering “stuff”. Do any of our members 7/900 series cars have their cables etc. secured by those cable ties with a rectangular section which locates into a hole in the body panel, as in the ties which secure the harness to the bulkhead just below the front of the scuttle panel? One or two of mine have broken due to age and I would like to replace them with like for like but I’m having difficulty sourcing any.
Has anyone managed to source any recently please?

I’d never heard of Milliput either Dave. I must lead a sheltered life. I’ll research that as well. Thanks.
I'll have a look for those cable ties you're referring to later Ian, Milliput has been around about 50 ish years, i first used it about 33 years ago at work and in all honesty had forgotten about it since. Someone over on the Rover forum reminded me about it some time back and when i needed to find a solution to fix the trim panel, it seemed the obvious choice. A McDonalds coffee stirring stick and a pot of water is handy for "sculpting" it as is a wet finger for larger or curved areas.

I call it "Plasticine for Grown-Ups" as it's just as easy to use and probably more fun as the parts become permanent.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: