View Single Post
Old Sep 17th, 2020, 18:00   #39
palwing

Hi green van man. I am guessing you live on the west side of South Wales? Might be wrong though, so please don’t feel obliged to reply to that.

Whatever, we know south west Wales quite well as the in-laws retired to live near Carmarthen at Llanllawddog and then Llanddarog. Beautiful part of the world. After about 10 years there, they eventually moved to an island in the Mediterranean. We particularly liked Manorbier, Saundersfoot and of course Tenby. Not so keen on Swansea though. An ex colleague of mine (older than me) has just moved from Llanarth to just over the border in England to be nearer to support services for him and his wife in old age. He has lived in Llanarth for as long as I can remember.

I can certainly see the attraction of the area and we even considered buying a place there ourselves at one time. You certainly get a lot of property for your money in some very picturesque areas. The weather can be a nightmare though. Rain, low cloud and a bit windy at times. Even the sheep are constantly leaning over and look through squinty eyes. Mind you, having lived in north Wales they are more normal down south.

As for working into retirement, it’s a purely a personal choice. One that I chose to take (retirement that is) a long time ago and due to my circumstances now, I am so glad I did. There is no way I can ever experience even a small percentage the things I have done or seen in the past 15 years now. Memories are all I have left. Although my circumstances are unique, serious ill health can strike at anytime to anyone destroying even the best laid plans in an instant.

I hope you continue to enjoy your life style and good health for many years to come.

By the way, Scotland is also a lovely place, but the weather is still a problem.

Last edited by palwing; Sep 17th, 2020 at 18:32.
palwing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to palwing For This Useful Post: