View Single Post
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 14:40   #22
Curly59

A.Lex thanks for taking the time to start this thread, very useful for new VIDA & DiCE users I'm sure.
As you say the combination of Operating Systems, Updates, Software and Hardware make this a potential mine field of issues.

Had similar experiences with my installation of the software. And was about to visit "shadeyman" (very helpful chap!) to test the device, when I managed to get an new XP PRO SP2 installation to accept the VIDA software.

For info XP Home failed (thought it would but had to try!)

I had tried a Windows 7 Ultimate 32 OS running with 3GB of memory on an ACER laptop and just couldn't get the system work (many attempts many late nights) After successfully using XP Pro, returned to this and loaded the WIN 7 32 OS to a Compaq lappy with 3GB of memory and ran the updates. Installed VIDA and it worked first time.

Since then also have it as a backup on a Windows 8 i5 laptop with Oracle VM running XP with 3GB memory without issue. For information I have this on XP Pro SP3.

Basically having a new install of the OS where ever possible seems the least painful path!

The comments you have made would have been invaluable to me in saving some of those late nights! so I'm sure will be helpful to others.

I suppose the point to make .... is to stick with it!

Cheers.