View Single Post
Old Apr 5th, 2018, 19:05   #23
Jimrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOzS90 View Post
How fast are you driving Jimrod? To push into the 60s you need to cruise at 60mph, use eco mode and coast as often as possible. I’m obviously lucky with my commute but for every downhill coast there’s an uphill section that hits the economy.

Washed my car for the first time today. Treated it to a thorough detail using some products from a very good friend of mines detailing company. Probably the best in the country I can heartily recommend Auto Curators and their detailing kit. This was the result using their snow foam, shampoo and absolutely superb “Hydro Rapel” - very happy with the results.

Annoyingly - I can’t upload a phone photo. It’s obviously too big.
I'd say I'm driving "normally", so first and last sections of commute around 40mph B-road and dual-carriageway with 4-5 sets of lights and roundabouts, middle section of about 70-75mph A-road. I got around 51mpg on the same trip with a loan V40 D2. Acceleration similar, not dawdling but not ranting it.

It's ok, I'd be happier if it had a larger tank really but I'm hoping it picks up as the weather warms up, there are hints it definitely goes up a few mpg when it's comfortably above 10 degrees and I've heard the "winter diesel" doesn't get good results with this car, I'm not sure if the garages have stopped using it just yet due to the cold spells! I struggle in Eco mode as it feels pretty flat but probably worth using on a long run, still a shame coasting isn't enabled as standard on modern VW diesels.

Very nice car overall though, if buying just be wary of slightly "lazy" sensors when you're getting used to it (I had front ones fitted too) as they require slow parking or can be pretty late to respond!
Jimrod is offline   Reply With Quote