View Single Post
Old Nov 7th, 2018, 08:58   #11
CoolDave

I fitted two nextbase cameras to my V60 - one in the front (a 412GW) and one to the rear screen (a 312GW).

For the front I used the same approach as described in this thread - down the left a-pillar and pluggedin using a piggy-back fuse(but then couldn't put the fuse box cover back on so left that off).

For the rear one it was a bit more difficult as I couldn't find a switched fuse in the rear fuse box. So I ended up creating a very long cable and hooked it up to the front - sharing the same piggyback fuse as the front camera. I checked the camera power draws, and it is no problem. The whole setup works fine.

Figuring out the route of the cable was a bit challenging, but i ended up running it behind the plastic cover on the top of the tailgate,through the plastic cable 'tube' between the tailgate and the car, then down the right hand side of the tailgate rubber trim to get to the boot floor. Then I ran it with some other wires underneath the boot floor, underneath the left rear seat, and then along the left rear door sill and through to the left front door sill. And then Joined up with the front camera cables, using the same earth point and the same piggyback fuse.

It took me about 2h to get it all wired up, but glad I did.
CoolDave is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CoolDave For This Useful Post: