View Single Post
Old Jul 19th, 2018, 14:08   #8
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTRB View Post
EWAC wonder if you can help. Have a 2.4 V60 and looking at buying polestar 2lt but some numpty of a design engineer has removed the roof rails and hence negated some of the ethos and utility of what is a brilliant sport estate. As my wife is disabled we need to carry roof loads on long journeys/holidays and I cannot see roof rails affecting real life performance. The only solution seems to be a retrograde 60's type solution where the grips clamp onto the paintwork and distort the door seals as well as offering restricted anchor positions to those offered by rails. Any experience of roof rails on polestars or these ancient design clamps. The absence of rails seems to restrict much of the potential of the Polestar as an everyday car for skiing sail boarding etc.
I would think it was still possible to add roof rails, are there and blanked holes in the gutters ? I would never use a rack which rests on the paint , the roof steel panel is too thin to take the weight without damage these days , the sub-structure is immense though ...