View Single Post
Old Sep 6th, 2018, 07:03   #25
green van man
Premier Member

1989 sprite alpine, the first with plastic windows, 10 foot long and table doubled as front bed which had to be made up each night. Rear top stretcher bunk was missing as a shelf had been fitted to accommodate a fridge. Foot pump water and battery lights, NO battery charger so that came out of the shed when we went away.

Decided the bed making was too much faf every night so baught a 2004 bailey vendee, luxury on wheels in comparison. Problem we found was the fixed bed ment having to climb over the inboard body to get to the loo, as age progresses these loo trips become more and more frequent. There is only so many times one can stand having their legs knelt upon twice per trip.

Island bed coachman vip was a non retirement present to ourselves. Yes if I retired we would have more time to go away in the van, however if I retired we could not afford . to go away in the van. Even club's sites are £10 a night plus the cost of getting there, and the bills don't stop because you are away. I fortunately have generous holiday allowance and while working the finance to enjoy them to the full.

Paul.
green van man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to green van man For This Useful Post: