View Single Post
Old Sep 20th, 2019, 15:52   #3
pinballdave

I've been checking the wiring loom and cleaning connectors as I go, but I'm not convinced it's going to be as simple as that. The previous owner says that the car went into Hal**rds to have the window motor replaced, they didn't manage to fix it, and all the rest of these problems were not present before then.

I'm back inside the door again today, and the window motor in that door looks brand new and has a Volvo label on it that has a date of 11.08.2017, so it's definitely not original. The control unit (DDM) part number is 31295171AA, which all the google results appear to indicate is for a C30/S40/V50. So I'm a little concerned whether this is compatible with a C70.

The DDM also has some pins missing from the connectors where there are wires present on the wiring loom. Looking into a the pinouts and wiring diagrams for a few of these the missing pin includes the ground connection for the door lock/door ajar switches, and quite a few of the door mirror adjust signals, both coming from the buttons/joystick and leading to the mirror assembly itself.

So I'm leaning towards the opinion that someone must have fitted the wrong type of door module along with the new motor, and I'm wondering what my options are for finding and fitting the correct type without having to spend a fortune at the main dealer.
pinballdave is offline   Reply With Quote