View Single Post
Old Jun 18th, 2019, 09:52   #3
jonnyu

I am an iPhone user. I think it's very interesting this new version of CarPlay and it's an upgrade to cars like Ford, Renault etc that use a more rudimentary infotainment system but not important for SPA Volvo users.

I don't see any added value of using Carplay on my Volvo except for the app Spotify (if you dont have a paid version of Spotify, it wont work on Sensus).

This new version of CarPlay is very interesting, having the improvements of the way it presents the info to the driver as well the calendar but the value added of using this version of Carplay in a SPA Volvo is almost 0 in my opinion.

It's a nice feature to have as I said but one that most of the drivers don't use it at all having the in-build features we have in our systems.

And if SPA2 goes down the path of Android Automotive, CarPlay will play a less and less important role within Volvos in the future.