View Single Post
Old Jul 27th, 2018, 14:18   #19
TurboDiesel2006
V70 D5 185 Owner

When I took the EGR valve /Cooler assembly off I cleaned it thoroughly and removed the Position Sensor. The small black rod in the Position Sensor would push back and spring out ok. I also tested the EGR Cooler Bypass butterfly valve using a vacuum tester and this worked fine.
With the Position Sensor removed you can see the cam drive for the EGR valve stem. You can't move it longitudinally because of the cam mechanism but I could rotate back and forth it a few degrees without any problem.
From this I deduced the EGR valve was not stuck so perhaps it was the electronics in the Position Sensor. So I fitted a new Pierburg 7.00555.07.0 unit prior to refitting the whole EGR assembly. I cleared all the DTC's using VIDA but unfortunately they all returned after running the engine, i.e.
ECM4430 - EGR Valve - No signal
ECM4150 - EGR cooler Bypass Valve - Signal too low
ECM4450 - EGR Position Sensor - Faulty Signal
ECM6500 - Engine Pads
ECM6860 - Turbo control Actuator - Signal to low

I have run the ECM Activation tests and I get no clicks (so I guess that means fail) from the EGR Valve, EGR Cooler Bypass Actuator, Turbo Control Valve Duty Cycle and Vacuum Valve Engine Mount.
The Position Sensor is new and I don't think the EGR Valve stem is seized so so my thinking the problem must be in the area between the two i.e. the motor in the EGR Valve, which means a new EGR Valve.

Can anybody help on the analysis. I think the EGR Motor is a sealed unit so is the only solution a new valve assembly? The Vida system refers to testing signals does this help? Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks

Chris
TurboDiesel2006 is offline   Reply With Quote