View Single Post
Old Jan 14th, 2019, 00:24   #1
Redskiies

Post trims and optional extras... Q in prep for Ldn 2020

Greetings Guys and Girls.

I have been lurking around since I've bought my c70, but now, it was time to register, and start to prepare for the future in London...

I have bough my 2000 c70 t5 manual coupe as a project for the (last) summer, but I fell for it, but due to my work, and London's extension of the congestion charge/tcharge/whatever else they want us to milk out from us... I am preparing to sell it somewhen this year.

In preparation, I have a few questions (yes, I've been looking around on the forum, and I couldn't find clean answers to these)

so here I go:
-What are the most sought after/wanted specs/extras/add ons?

-What is the best and most wanted combos of these out there?

-What do you think, will the prices increase or decrease of these forgotten beasts? I see the crappy ones going for around 500ish, but I've seen high spec, low mileage ones being sold for 2-3.5k...

What I've got so far:
-Silver, dark leather, green/black metal dash.
-BBS wheels (still needs to refurb those...)
-factory debadged (t5 badge never been on the car, kind of a sleeper?)
-sc901 with all the lovely dolby sound bits, 6cd changer removed, added the little black box for my own music without the loss of the dolby
-old owner done the cambelt/gasket services, and the yellow sticker throttle body replacement... added some high spec (orange...duh) ducting from the turbo to the intercooler, yellow polybushing top mount
-gs spec (=means nothing)
-sunroof
-heated seats (don't really think it's an extra in any of the c70s, it might be standard?)
-facelifted with new grille and lights front and back
-new drilled and grooved brakes and new pads all around
-got the official volvo strut brace from a later convertible
-bought it with knackered suspension, so it sits on coilovers now (yes, I hate it as well, but it sticks into the corners way better as well...)
-cone air filter (completely revertable in 5mins, I've done it because at the time I didn't know, if it is the MAF or the air filter messing with the ecu/boost, but I left it on it for the WHOOOSH
-manual seats (I've heard, that the electric ones are dodgy, so I guess the original owner dodged a bullet with it?)
-cruise control? (is it even optional? I think it is standard on a tourer...)

So guys, what do I miss, what did I mess up?
I am thinking of getting a bit better flowing exhaust (not louder though) and probably an ecu remap? (I know, cringe)

-Did these cars had electric foldable mirrors? That is something I do really miss...

Thank you for reading/possibly answering the questions/dissing me for my liking and the way I treated my poor sod.

PS(I've bought it off from an old guy, who didn't even know, that it has a turbo (as the turbo didn't even work at that time, due to the MAF messing around), it had knackered suspension, no oil, rusted spark plugs, no air filter, 10+year old tyres and no service for 13k miles/3.5years)... I've tried to bring the car back from the dead, giving it a new life, and earn some profit... then I spent way too much on the car, and I planned to go around Europe with it (put that CC in good use), but as of my job won't let me move, and London mayor being a proper greenhead... I've got no choice, as I have no place to store a 2nd car...

edit: yup, it does misses the damn battery clip, and yes I've broke a 2003 convertible for the facelift parts, and that did miss the same clip as well...
edit2: is there a hid kit that actually works nicely on these?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20181119_182421[1].jpg (273.4 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20181119_105047[2].jpg (392.2 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20181021_120209[1].jpg (262.8 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20181007_130411[1].jpg (320.9 KB, 22 views)
Redskiies is offline   Reply With Quote