View Single Post
Old Aug 9th, 2016, 17:35   #30
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Well i got the rear pads done - no problems with auto-adjusters for the simple reason there aren't any!
Main reason they were sticking on was because the pistons had come so far out of the calipers on the outer half of the calipers that they wouldn't return without a 2' tyre lever to errr............ "encourage" them! Once back in, they moved freely enough in and out and the new pads went in with a bit of copper slip.

The big problem i had doing the job is the wheel nuts. They were all wrong for the car! Maybe right for an early 140, probably fine for my Jeep (with UNF threads) but no good for a car that has M12 x 1.5 metric wheel studs!
For now i have 10 Rover 800 wheel nuts holding the back wheels on, i'll find a set of shallow open nuts online at some point.

Also found the N/S/R shock is leaking, it felt a bit odd during the bounce test so that confirms it. There's also a bit of an odd noise coming from the N/S/F, maybe a bush, track rod end or similar that's a bit worn. I'll investigate that later!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is online now   Reply With Quote