Thread: C30 Engine : - Intermittent stalling
View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2018, 13:28   #1
superhifi

Default Intermittent stalling

Hi all, having an intermittent issue with my Petrol 2.0 C30 the last couple of weeks, hoping someone can give me some pointers...

I first noticed it when coming up to a roundabout, as I dip the clutch just before coming to a stop the engine just died. It took a bit of effort to get it started again, engine turning over but not starting, and after a few seconds it started and everything was fine for the rest of my journey.

A few days later I was on a windy county road, doing a steady 40MPH and noticed the car had become a bit jumpy, and not running nice. I could put my foot down on the accelerator and it would seem hesitant to accelerate, but would eventually go. Then i noticed if I took the car out of gear, feet off all the peddles, and let the revs drop down to idle, it would stall. Again after a bit of effort it would start again.

This has happened 5 times in the last 2 weeks, and the rest of the time it's driving nice and as I would expect. Any pointers as to where I should start looking under the bonnet?

TIA

Edit: I should add, that at no point do I get any error lights on the dash...

Last edited by superhifi; May 2nd, 2018 at 13:32.
superhifi is offline   Reply With Quote